Sometimes, deciding to go to a therapist or counsellor can be a difficult step. Some people feel a sense of failure if they haven’t been able to sort out their problems by themselves. Others may find the idea of therapy daunting.
Psychotherapy, or seeing a counsellor, is about helping people to understand and move forward from those problems with the help of a compassionate, trained professional.
You may suffer from:
- Feelings of stress and anxiety
- Difficulties with starting, sustaining or ending relationships
- Bereavement and major life changes
- Family worries, conflicts and crises
- Sexual dysfunction and sexual identity problems for all sexual orientations
- Anger issues
- Recovery from trauma and abuse
- Compulsive or destructive behaviours