Men can also suffer abuse.
MenCASA is aimed at helping those who identify as male and are victims of domestic abuse, domestic violence or false accusation to find gender-inclusive counselling.
We welcome interest from qualified counsellors and psychotherapists that may be interested in joining a nationwide network of therapists who will offer counselling to male victims of DA or DV or false accusation and work in a gender-inclusive way.
What we are developing:
- A directory of counsellors who will offer a gender-inclusive approach to victims of domestic abuse, domestic violence and false accusation, where the client identifies as male (or a gender other than female).
- Training/CPD opportunities to counsellors and psychotherapists;
- Contributions to research;
- Support for other gender-inclusive organisations.
What we don’t do:
- Offer advice or assistance to those in (or looking to escape) domestic abuse situations – please access these services from those suggested in our resources and information;
- Guarantee access to a counsellor in your area or within your budget;
- Offer any direct services other than those outlined above.